If you are feeling drained, tired, stressed out, and exhausted it may be because you need to learn how to set some boundaries in your life and relationships. Sometimes because we allow others to dictate our lives more than we should, it can drain us of the energy we need for ourselves.
Here are my top 5 benefits you can see from setting boundaries:
- You will find you have more time in your life. If you feel you are giving too much time to others – you will free up some time to focus on yourself and what you want to do.
- This extra time can be spent on progressing your own personal projects – whether that’s to create a new business, advance your career or have more leisure time with family friends or on your own. The choice is yours.
- When we have boundaries, we are able to say “no” to that job that is potentially wearing us out by working overtime for little pay. We are able to say “yes” to taking new career path without getting locked into feelings of guilt or “what other people will think.
- When we have boundaries, we choose better relationships, we are able to enter into relationships that support us in our own personal growth and healing.
- When set boundaries in our lives, we feel more connected with ourselves and more in control of our lives. We are able to live for ourselves, rather than through this desire to please other people
You will probably find the only people who get upset about you setting boundaries are the ones who were benefiting from you having none.